970.627.8182
My parents, Megan and I made our way to Grand Lake for a day excursion. Unfortunately Julien needed to stay behind to work. He missed out on some fun times. We headed into the Rocky Mountain National Park and took a drive around. We got to see a few moose and elk. The views up there are just breathtaking.
Megan and I had planned an afternoon horse ride. We had a brief window to get some lunch before going to the ranch. We stopped at Sloopy’s in Grand Lake just outside of the park. The restaurant itself looks like a log mobile home set up on the side of the highway. You can find it by the tall sign that says “Sloopy’s” under a cartoon moose. Inside, there is a window to order at with a chalkboard menu hung over it. There are a few tables inside though we chose to eat outside.
I ordered the buffalo bratwurst with mustard and onion. It was very good and nicely filling. My parents ordered hamburgers and Megan ordered a veggie burger. Since she didn’t get her chocolate milkshake at Dairy King, I ordered a chocolate shake to share with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment