The Orchards
303.221.1430
The Rice Bistro is located inside a strip mall tucked away across from a King Soopers. The exterior is unassuming. When you enter, it’s a modern decorated Asian restaurant. Lots of gray and black. My mom had a Groupon deal for the restaurant so I joined my parents for dinner there. The menu offers different Asian dishes including rice or noodle dishes and sushi.
I ordered the Sushi Combo A. This included a choice of soup or salad. I got the miso soup. It was a pretty standard American restaurant miso. It had tofu, mushrooms, and green onions in it. The sushi started with four pieces of chef’s choice nigiri. The ones I got were: red snapper, yellowtail, salmon, and tuna. I also got to pick two rolls from a small selection. I chose the salmon and avocado roll and the spicy tuna roll. I like the creaminess of the salmon and avocado roll. The spicy tuna was a little too spicy for me. I think they may have used jalapeƱos in their recipe. I gave my spicy tuna roll to my dad to have. I was worried it wouldn’t be enough food, but after eating my meal and sharing part of the other sushi roll we ordered, I was quite full.
We also ordered the Modern California Roll off of the sushi menu to share at the table. It had crab, cucumber and avocado on the inside. It was topped with tempura flakes and a mixture of sauces. It was delicious but very rich. It definitely didn’t quite fit into my healthy diet. But if you’re not on a silly diet, I highly recommend it.
I can’t quite remember what my parents ordered. My mom got a dish with shrimp and scallops in it. I think it was the Crunchy Cashew Shrimp and Scallops: lightly breaded shrimp and scallops cooked until golden brown with sweet lemon cream sauce and cashews. I do remember that the scallops were not breaded and they were very tasty.
I also can’t remember what my dad got. I think it was a spicy chicken dish. It might have been the Yushan Chicken: stir-fried chicken with fresh vegetables in a spicy yushan sauce. Whatever he ordered was yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment