Another must-see in Grand Lake is the Grand Lake Lodge. This is a lodge that’s tucked just inside the Rocky Mountain National Park up on a hill that overlooks the lakes and mountains. In addition to lodging, the lodge also has an amazing dining room. Once we parked, we made our way up the stairs to the porch. We walked past the guests sitting in swings and rocking chairs. We made our way to the dining area and asked to be seated on the patio. The patio has big plastic panes to help keep the temperature comfortable. You can slide them open to feel the summer breeze. I have enjoyed many a lunch on this patio. It was great getting to introduce Megan to it.
We already had lunch so we settled for cocktails and an appetizer. Since she had never had one, Megan and I each got a Lodge Bloody Mary.
We ended up sharing a large appetizer. We chose the: Lodge Veranda Platter. This has assorted artisan cheeses, house made crackers, candied cashews, honey beer mustard & chipotle lime salmon from Colorado Honey Smoked Fish Co. It was a delicious and light snack to go with our drinks. We had different hard, soft and blue cheeses. The salmon was very delicious as well. I had to keep myself from stealing it all.
This one dish is not a great representation of the selection the lodge has. I highly recommend looking at the menu on their website and paying them a visit next time you swing through Grand Lake .
No comments:
Post a Comment