Highlands Ranch, CO 80122
720-529-0299
Since Julien is French and Megan is Scottish, they have not gotten to taste Mexican food. I am not familiar with any authentic Mexican restaurants but I took them to my favorite American Mexican restaurant. It’s called Los Dos Potrillos and is located on Holly and
We started off our meal with tortilla chips and salsa. I like their salsa but it’s typical restaurant salsa. Megan ordered my favorite dish on their menu, the Enchiladas en Salsa Verde: three chicken enchiladas in Mom’s special recipe green jalapeño sauce with sour cream. Megan was on a jalapeño binge. These enchiladas have delicious shredded chicken inside. It’s moist and flavorful. The sauce is deceptively spicy. By the end of the dish, you’ll need the sour cream to cool the fire. It’s a dish that makes me gladly sign up for heartburn.
Julien ordered the Crunchy Shell Tacos: three tacos with a choice of chicken, ground beef, or shredded beef served with beans and rice. I think he got the shredded beef. He really liked the flavor of them. He talked about how much food it was and how he might not finish it. After he had cleaned his plate, he leaned back and said, “You know, that wasn’t as big as I thought it would be.”
Since Megan ordered my usual, I wanted to get something else for them to try. I ordered the number 13 combination plate. It comes with a chicken enchilada, chili relleno, taco, beans and rice. I think I also ordered a chicken taco. It was a soft taco so it ended up being hard to eat with the juicy chicken. The chili relleno had a hard fried outside to it with delicious cheesy center.
I’ve never ordered dessert there before. But Julien was on vacation dammit! He got a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I ordered a sopapilla with ice cream to share with Megan. Thank goodness we shared! It was a lot bigger than I thought it’d be.
No comments:
Post a Comment