It was my turn once again to host a comfortable dinner. I had an undeniable craving for spaghetti that had to be satisfied. I tried to go with a mix of healthy and delicious ingredients. I wanted to start the meal with garlic bread but I’ve never been a fan of bread with some garlic salt sprinkled on it. I decided to use my terra cotta garlic roaster to roast a head of garlic. I drizzled olive oil and used salt and pepper to flavor it. Then, we were able to just pick out cloves of garlic to put on bread. The olive oil was also flavored by it and made for great dipping sauce. The bread was a loaf of Ecce Panis light sourdough bread.
For the main course, I chose the 100% whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles. I also picked Classico fire roasted tomato and garlic sauce. For some protein, I added Jennie-O sweet Italian turkey sausage. I really liked the flavor of this sausage. They had the seasonings just right. I also got some shredded parmesan and asiago cheese to put on top of the spaghetti. All of these flavors came together to make an explosion of taste. Since Crystal and I were both hungry, we wolfed down our portions pretty quick. I also made a Caesar salad from one of the bagged salads for a side. My favorite part is its thinly sliced cheese.
We had to work on Crystal’s resume after dinner so we got to that fairly quickly. She did end up grabbing some McFlurries for us for dessert.
No comments:
Post a Comment