Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot website
2707 W. Main Street

Littleton, CO
(303) 578-4212

The Melting Pot extended its 5280 deal until the end of March.  Since Crystal had never gotten to try it, I decided this was the perfect time to introduce her to it.  We got to sit in the lower level because I requested a table near the restrooms.  I had the beginnings of a bad cold but I wasn’t about to let that rob me of my experience.  

We started off with the first course which was a Cheddar Cheese Fondue.  This has “aged medium-sharp cheddar and Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses melt beautifully with lager beer, garlic and seasonings.”  We had rosemary, white and brown breads to dip in it along with green apples, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

The second course was our choice of salads.  I had the Melting Pot House Salad which has crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce, aged cheddar cheese, Roma tomatoes, seasoned croutons and sliced egg with your choice of Peppercorn Ranch Dressing or our sweet and tangy House Dressing.  I went with the sweet and tangy house dressing.  Crystal had the California Salad
which had mixed baby greens, Roma tomatoes, candied pecans and rich Gorgonzola cheese with Raspberry Black Walnut Vinaigrette.  She really liked the dressing and the candied pecans.

Our third course was the main fondue.  We had the court bouillon base and for dippers we had: Filet Mignon, Shrimp, Teriyaki-marinated Sirloin, Breast of Chicken, Salmon and ricotta Ravioli.  Served with an array of assorted vegetables and our signature sauces.  This is a pretty typical choice of meats.  I also liked trying the ravioli.

Our final course was the chocolate fondue.  This came with the Yin & Yang chocolate.  Half dark chocolate and half white chocolate, artfully swirled for a perfect balance of flavors.  We were actually able to choose our chocolates so we went with the white chocolate and milk chocolate.  It did indeed come in a yin and yang design.  This was served with strawberries, graham covered marshmallows, oreo covered marshmallows, cheesecake, brownie, red velvet cake, and banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment