Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicken Pineapple Sausage

This dinner was an example of having one main ingredient but not being sure how to prepare it. I had Aidell’s chicken sausage with pineapple and bacon. I didn’t want to simply serve them in a bun so I did some brainstorming. I decided to serve it cut up in a sort of stir fry. I cut up the sausage, some ham, and green onions. I put these in with some brown rice, pineapple and cashews. Crystal and I decided we wanted hot and savory versus a sweet flavor. I added Sriracha sauce for the spice and Worcestershire sauce for the savory flavor.

I got a baby spring mix salad which I served with a dressing I mixed up from vinegars I had. It had strawberry and peach balsamic vinegars with olive oil and a dash of pepper. We also had chunky applesauce on the side. For dessert, we had sliced strawberries with the strawberry balsamic drizzled on top. I had a glass of Meridian Sauvignon Blanc to drink.

My parents also had some of this sausage so we recreated the meal that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment