5280 Restaurant Week
McCormick & Schmick’s website| 8100 E. Union Ave |
| Denver, CO 80237 |
| 720.200.9339 |
| 8100 E. Union Ave |
| Denver, CO 80237 |
| 720.200.9339 |
720.200.9339
The next family 5280 adventure took us to McCormick & Schmick’s in the Denver Tech Center. It’s a restaurant known for its seafood.
The restaurant makes a good first impression. I got the feeling I was in a hunting lodge rather than in a seafood place. Deep green and rich wood dominated the decorations. There was a seafood display on ice as we came in, though. I enjoyed that our table was in a private partition, large enough so we didn’t feel cramped.
Our waitress was also particularly hilarious. She spoke with a valley girl accent. It sounded as if it was wayyyy too much effort to use her tongue to enunciate her words. Interesting combination.
Now onto the food! Tyler was running late because he accidentally went to the downtown restaurant. We ended up ordering a Calamari “Frito Misto” appetizer with tangy cocktail sauce that was also on special. It included fried jalapenos and artichoke hearts as well as the calamari. It was interesting to try it this way, but I like more calamari. We ordered a second one when Tyler arrived so he could try it.
For the first course on the 5280 menu, we had a choice of salads. I had the Caesar Salad with Grana Padano Cheese & Garlic Croutons. My dad and brother also had the Caesar. I liked their Caesar dressing and of course loved the cheese. My mom ordered the House Mixed Green Salad with white balsamic vinaigrette, bleu cheese crumbles and candied walnuts. I tasted hers and the balsamic vinaigrette was really pleasant.
We went with the seafood choices for the main course. My family chose the Atlantic Salmon roasted on a cedar plank with northwest berry sauce. The salmon was indeed tasty. I ordered the Scallop and Shrimp Newburg with a creamy lobster and sherry sauce. It was served in an au gratin dish on top of rice. The scallops and shrimps were a nice large size. They tasted fresh and had great texture. The creamy sauce accompanied it perfectly.
For dessert, my dad and brother ordered the NY style cheesecake with raspberry coulis. I ordered the Belgium Chocolate cup with white chocolate mousse and berries. My mom ordered the same without the mousse. Usually the focus is what is inside the cups but my focus was devoted to the chocolate cup. It was rich dark chocolate that made me want to moan as it melted on my tongue. The mousse and berries were light and fresh but completely overshadowed by the chocolate.
Once again, I enjoyed a comfortable dinner in a nice restaurant. I want to go back and try their happy hour deals.
No comments:
Post a Comment