Our Tuesday dinner was pushed back to Wednesday. I decided to make fish for Crystal at my apartment. I had some frozen coconut crusted tilapia that I cooked in the oven. Along with the coconut, there were also mango pieces in the crust. I served the fish with wedges of lemon to help season it. For the vegetable, I decided to cook up some fresh broccoli, carrots and snow peas in an Asian type sauce. I put the vegetables in a pot with a little water, sesame oil, garlic olive oil, soy sauce and Sriracha sauce. I also prepared some garlic and olive oil couscous to have on the side. Luckily, the dinner was prepared fairly quickly without too much preparation beforehand.
The fish had pretty good flavor for being frozen. The lemon helped bring out the coconut flavor. The vegetables didn’t turn out quite like I wanted. They were a bit overcooked so had lost most of their crunch. I also added too much soy sauce. It was too salty for my taste but would have probably been okay for a normal palate. I did enjoy the little bit of heat that the Sriracha added.
Since I had lemon for the fish, I couldn’t resist serving a Colorado whiskey and 7up with a twist of lemon to drink. For dessert, Crystal and I shared a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. It was chocolate chocolate chip. It had a light drizzle of white frosting on it. I normally am not a fan of chocolate cake itself but this one had amazing flavor. The chocolate chips in it were also high quality. The mini bundt cake was just the right size to split. Of course I’m sure I could have eaten the whole thing if I was feeling a bit greedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment