(303) 477-1111
Every Friday I meet up with a French conversation group. Usually we meet at a cafe in the Highlands but we decided to try something different and go to a French restaurant called Z Cuisine. The menu was a bit expensive but the food was amazingly worth it. I decided to go with the Terrine de foie gras maison: Hudson Valley duck foie gras, marinated in late harvest muscat wine baked in individual terrine, accompanied with seasonal gelée, fruit reduction, and toasted pain de mie. The seasonal gelée was Jasmine flavored and the fruit reduction was pear. This is seriously heaven on a plate. When I put a bite of it in my mouth, all thoughts left my head. I was in complete awe and ecstasy with this dish. The foie gras was amazingly smooth and rich. On the waiter’s recommendation, I had it with a glass of the muscat wine that they marinate it in. The pairing of the sweet wine with it was good.
The serving was quite small so I decided to go with the Soupe à l’oignon gratinée au four. This is a traditional slow baked French onion soup with a vegetarian roasted spice broth, toasted baguette, imported emmenthal and raclette cheese on top. I’m used to the broth being beef so I was pleasantly surprised by the vegetarian broth. It made for a much lighter dish overall.
The ambiance was fun because the restaurant was small and quite crowded. Our group sat around a tall table sort of like an additional bar.
No comments:
Post a Comment