1512 Larimer Street Unit R38
303-595-8600
My mom bought me a special coupon online as a Christmas present. This deal got me a three course dinner and drink for two at the Red Square Euro Bistro in downtown Denver. I decided to take my friend Shan to join me in the experience. We got dressed up and were able to take the light rail down to the restaurant. As you enter, the initial impression is of a European cafe. Inside, the walls are all painted a rich red.We had a drink included in the coupon so I decided to try the restaurant’s house infused vodka. I had a shot of red pepper vodka with the first course and Shan had the mint vodka. They were each served with a dill pickle slice to follow the shot. For an appetizer, I ordered the Juniper Berry Spiced Duck Confit: Wild Mushroom and Potato Buni, Balsamic Reduction. The duck came on three little bunis. There were delicious combinations of salty and sweet flavors in the duck and the balsamic reduction. Shan ordered the "Pelemeni": Meat Filled Dumplings, Beef Bouillon, Sour Cream. I got to try hers. The dumplings were tiny and adorable with dollops of sour cream on them. The bites were delicious and delicately flavored. The dumplings were sitting in a layer of the beef bouillon which was one of the lighted beef broths I’ve ever tasted.
I ordered another shot of the house vodka to go with my main course. I tried the garlic vodka and Shan tried the honey pepper vodka. There were many tempting main dishes. I was torn between two options. I wanted the salmon stroganoff but ended up ordering the Pan Seared Salmon Pave: Tomato-Basil, Israeli Couscous, Dill Caper & White Wine Jus, Red Beet Chips. The white wine jus mixed in with the couscous and the capers had a tangy lemon flavor. It was heavenly and complimented the salmon. I was surprised by the sweetness of the beet chips on top of the salmon. Shan ordered the "Chicken Kiev": Breaded Cornish Game Hen, Wild Rice Cake, Sauteed Spinach, Parsley & Garlic Veloute. The hen and rice both had great flavor.
Finally came dessert. I ordered a shot of the cranberry vodka to accompany it. For my final course, I had the Brown Sugar Roasted Banana Crepe with Vanilla Ice Cream. The caramelized brown sugar was so delicious that I had to scrape my plate clean with a spoon. Shan had the Chocolate Mousse Terrine with Fresh Raspberries, Vanilla Glaze. Shan was also scraping the delicious sauces from her plate.
The atmosphere of the restaurant was very romantic. With the red walls it would have been perfect for a Valentine’s Day date. I enjoyed the infused vodka and would like to go try it again. We had a charming waiter. I think he may have been from eastern Europe himself. A very pleasant experience overall.
No comments:
Post a Comment