Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras at Pappadeaux

Pappadeaux website
7520 East Progress Place 
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
(303) 740-9449

What better place to celebrate Mardi Gras than Pappadeaux restaurant? My parents were kind enough to go early and snag a table for happy hour. They got the last table in the bar at 3:30pm. I love Pappadeaux year round but it’s especially fun on Mardi Gras. It’s always packed with people dressed up and enjoying special drinks. I showed up after work with Crystal. The two of us decided to dress up in purple shirts and masks.

We ordered a lot of items from their happy hour menu. Apparently my parents had ordered and returned some orange shrimp because they tasted like chlorine.

Here are the items we had: Catfish Beignets with shoestring potatoes. These were just pieces of fried catfish that came with a tartar sauce. Petite Po Boy, choice of fried catfish or shrimp. We had the catfish po boy sandwich. Crispy Fried Alligator with fresh cut potato sticks & Creole dipping sauce. This was my favorite appetizer! The alligator itself was so delicious. The sauce was savory kind of like a gravy. I could eat this as a main dish. Fried Calamari with a spicy Marinara sauce & Lemon Aioli. The calamari also had good flavor. I preferred it in the lemon aioli. We also tried the 1 ¼ pound of crawfish with corn and potatoes that they had special for Mardi Gras. The crawfish are served whole for peel and eat. I’d never tried them like that. They were tossed in a spicy cajun sauce. They were fun to eat as well as quite yummy. It is a lot of work for just a little bit of meat though. We also ordered a favorite of ours, the Greek Salad, from their regular menu. It’s tossed with tomatoes, cucumbers, shrimp, imported kalamata olives, capers, solinika peppers, oregano & feta cheese in Pappas Greek Dressing.

We also took advantage of the happy hour drinks. I mean, it is a party right? My dad and I tried the margaritas. I really liked the lime rich mix they use. I also tried The Big Easy which is “a blend of Sobieski Cytron vodka with fresh lemon, lime, grapefruit & orange juices, sweetened to perfection.” The fruit juices were quite tasty in this. Crystal tried the Bayou Sweet Tea which has Firefly Sweet Tea vodka, Cointreau, handcrafted lemonade & a squeeze of orange.

The food was great and the service was good in spite of the crush of people. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

No comments:

Post a Comment