Phone: 303-795-0573
I don’t get up for breakfast often. When I do, it’s a very special treat. I had Monday off for Columbus Day and decided to have a fun day with my parents. I made sure to wake up early so we could go to one of my favorite breakfast restaurants, The Original Pancake House. Getting up early on a day off?! Quelle horreur!
The restaurant is always crowded on the weekends so I was glad we could go on a week day. The interior decorations are in a country comfort style. The walls are paneled in blond wood and blue paint. There are plates of all different sizes, shapes, and designs along the top of the wall on a shelf. It’s a chain restaurant with locations around the country. I don’t know if it has the same style in each one.
They do have a lot of pancakes on their menu. The ones they’re known for are the Apple Pancake and the Dutch Baby. I was looking for a relatively simple breakfast. I ordered the sausage and eggs. I got link sausages with over easy eggs. These were served with home fries and pancakes. The sausages were very tasty and the eggs were cooked to perfection. I love an over easy egg that spills its yolk at the touch of a fork. I really liked the pancakes too. They were very fluffy. I had a stack of three of them. I ended up taking some of them home.
I also wanted some bacon so instead of ordering a side, my dad ordered the Bacon Buster breakfast. This came with seven, count ‘em, seven pieces of thickly bacon. My parents like their bacon cooked to a crisp so they ordered extra crispy bacon. I personally enjoy my bacon with a little give to it. The cooks at the Original Pancake House cook it perfectly on their own. Dad’s breakfast also came with three eggs, home fries and three pancakes.
My mom ordered eggs and pancakes. She also tried some of the bacon. I’m a new coffee drinker so I tried a cup of coffee. It was too strong for me and I didn’t want to embarrass myself by dumping the whole pot of creamer into it. I would have been better off with my childhood favorite of hot chocolate.
The wait staff is always nice even when they’re busy. It’s a great place to sit down and have breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment