(303) 798-2600
On the Friday before all of the Halloween parties, I took some vacation time to play hooky from work. I had planned to have lunch with my parents before going to get some errands done. My mom sifted through her folder of Groupons to help us decide where to eat. I was craving seafood so we ended up going to Cherry Crest Seafood.
Cherry Crest is both a restaurant and a seafood market. Along with the dining tables, there is a glass counter with fish you can buy to take home. Even though we live in Colorado , they manage to get fresh fish for their menu. Of course, being from Colorado , I may not know what I’m talking about. I ordered one of my favorite dishes that I hadn’t had for a long time, Lobster and Crab Enchiladas. These are corn tortillas stuffed with Main lobster, Canadian crab and spicy cheese. They’re served with rice and coleslaw. I really like the spicy cream sauce served over these enchiladas. There are also a few corn chips on the side to scoop up the rest of the sauce. The insides of the enchiladas are nice and gooey with the cheese holding the lobster and crab together.
My dad ordered a dish that he gets often. This was the Grilled Salmon & Thai Noodle Salad: Hot salmon fillets on a bed of noodles with cucumber, scallions, cilantro, peanuts, and spicy Thai dressing. You can also order it with grilled shrimp instead. I’ve always liked the taste of the salad when I’ve tried it, but I have yet to order it for myself. Luckily, dad’s generous enough to share with me.
Mom ordered the catch of the day which was Tortilla Crusted Haddock with rice and vegetables. The chef makes his own tortilla crust from crushed corn chips. It tasted pretty delicious. I can’t remember trying Haddock before. It was a mild white fish. Mom seemed to enjoy her plate.
The restaurant has a small town feel to it since most of the wait staff has been working there for years. They recognize you when you come in. I remember some of them from when I was a kid. I also remember a time or two in my childhood when we got one of the restaurant’s specialties: the lobster pot. You get a pot with live lobsters, catch of the day and other seafood to take home and cook. My family made the mistake of letting my brother and me play with the lobsters before we cooked them. It was a tearful dinner. It would be fun to try it again, as long as we kept the lid sealed.
No comments:
Post a Comment