Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bara Sushi


Website
8000 E Belleview Avenue
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
720.489.5509


A friend of mine had a Groupon to Bara Sushi and was kind enough to invite me along for dinner.  I was feeling hungry so I ended up ordering a larger dinner rather than simple sushi.  I got the Dinner Combination Entrée.  My dinner started with miso soup and a salad.  I picked the toasted sesame dressing for my salad.  I absolutely loved this dressing.  I preferred it to the ginger dressing that is usually on Asian salads.  For the entrée, I got to choose one grilled item and I picked the Salmon Teriyaki.  It was served with delicious hot rice and a thick teriyaki sauce.  The salmon had pretty good flavor.  I got to choose a sushi as well and I picked the spicy tuna roll.  It was so spicy that I could barely finish it.  The meal also came with a tempura option so I took the shrimp tempura.  It came with a few vegetables as well.  Their tempura was light and flaky.  I enjoyed it.  I drank hot sake with my meal too, taking advantage of the fact that my friend drove.


My friend and I also shared some appetizer and sushi items.  He picked the Gangam style sushi roll.  This came with Korean style barbecue beef with spicy tuna on top.  It was surprisingly good.  We also had a side of the Korean barbecue ribs.  I was intrigued by how they were cut to have lots of meat and a little cross section of bone.  The sushi roll we shared was the Cherry Blossom roll.  This was a California roll topped with tuna, salmon and avocado.  I enjoyed the avocado on top of the roll.  It always adds a delicious creaminess to the dish.


The atmosphere and decorations of the restaurant are very nice.  It would make for a nice date place or a business meeting.  I’ve heard that the restaurant recently changed owners and I have yet to see how it has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment