Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Orange You Glad For Chicken?

This dinner was at my place. We invited Shan to join us as well. I had a marinated chicken from Tony’s to cook. It had an orange BBQ marinade. I cooked it for about an hour. The skin got a bit singed from the sugary sauce but it turned out okay. It smelled amazing while it was cooking.

For sides, I made mashed potatoes and salad. I made the potatoes from scratch and added 2% milk, light sour cream, smart balance butter, season salt, pepper, and garlic. Since I tried to go on the lighter side, the potatoes didn’t have as much flavor as I’m used to. For the salad, I used a Baby Spring Mix and added snow peas, red, orange, and yellow peppers, cucumber, and cherub tomatoes. I bought a special Citrus Vinaigrette to go with the orange chicken sauce. It was made with orange juice and cider vinegar. I was wary of a savory citrus dressing versus a sweeter one but it was delicious!

I had some crackers and cheese spread out for an appetizer. The cheese spread was Alouette berry cheese. Crystal brought watermelon strawberry soda as well as plain strawberry soda. Shan brought Coldstone cupcakes for dessert. The flavors were chocolate, cake batter, and sweet cream.

We talked and relaxed with tea after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment