Saturday, June 2, 2012

Block Party

I live in downtown Littleton where the Main Street area is always having special events and festivities.  On June 2nd I attended the Littleton Annual Block Party for the first time.  The city closes off  Main Street and all of the local vendors set up tents to sell food and prizes.  It’s a great atmosphere.  And once you’ve gorged yourself on the goodies, you can watch a fireworks display.

I started off on my own and then my friend Crystal joined me later.  I did my fair share of eating.  I passed by McKinner’s Pizza and, tempted by the delicious aroma, had to get myself a slice of cheese pizza.  It was a little small for the price but I love their pizza inside the restaurant.

I also splurged on a snow cone.  The guy gave me a cup of the shaved ice and I could put my own syrup on it at a nearby syrup station.   Mine looked just as colorful and bruised as the kids around me.  I overheard a dad telling his daughter to only pick one flavor and not put too much on it.  I looked down at my cone to see that it was fully saturated with syrup.  I love being a grownup.

On a previous occasion, I was getting lunch in a bakery/restaurant across the street from my office named Breaking Bread.  I saw a woman wrapping up cake pops.  After interrogating her on the flavors, I knew that I’d have to find those at the party.  I did find them and I bought a chocolate raspberry one for me and an Oreo cake pop for Crystal.  Mine had chocolate cake in the middle with a chocolate raspberry frosting on the outside.

I also bought some mini cupcakes from Gigi’s to share with Crystal.  I got the Birthday Surprise (white cake with fluffy, pink buttercream frosting and colorful sprinkles), Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Chocolate chip cookie cake with cookie dough frosting and chocolate chips), and Orange Dreamsicle (orange cake with an orange vanilla frosting).

Main Street was thoroughly packed with people all navigating their way around the stages for live music.  There was even a karaoke stage.  Crystal and I found a nice grassy hill by the Melting Pot that made for a prime fireworks watching position.

No comments:

Post a Comment